Phone: 315-866-0300 x8743
Office: CC 302
"College Now was especially helpful because it showed
universities that I was willing to challenge myself."
Please view the list of participating schools, to see if you qualify for the College Now Program.
College Now is the concurrent enrollment program (CEP) at Herkimer County Community College. Concurrent enrollment programs are cooperative agreements between colleges and high schools that offer high school students the opportunity to take college classes in their high schools for both high school and college credit, usually at reduced rates of tuition.
Taking college classes while you are in high school will help you learn about college expectations and introduce you to college culture. Additional benefits may include:
- saving money by reducing future college costs
- showing college admissions officers that you are a serious student
- reducing your first or second semester course load in college
- having the option to earn a double major, do a special work internship, or spend a semester traveling abroad
- graduating from college earlier.
The National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships is the national organization that sets standards for CEPs and accredits those partnerships that meet the national standards in five categories: curriculum, students, faculty, assessment, and evaluation. In April 2006, HCCC's College Now program was accredited by NACEP.